A series of articles on light rail transit is introduced by a comment of the president of the International Union of Public Transport in which he sees the urgent need to develop and exploit cheaper ways of providing reserved tracks free from congestion caused by road traffic. The articles: Koln-Bonn LRT route will be completed in three years; Designing a car for the tramway/metro transition; All aboard the LRT bandwagon; US and Canada develop standard trams.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
- 41st Congress of the International Union of Public Transport, held in Nice, France May 25, 31, 1975.
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Belin, R
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 173-174
- TRT Terms: Light rail transit; Light rail vehicles; Rapid transit; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00099836
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM