MARINE PLANETARY TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS. DESIGN AND PREPARATION OF MANUFACTURING DRAWINGS. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Studies show planetary gearing can be effectively used in marine transmissions systems for up to 60,000 SHP. A cost savings in manufacture, installation, maintenance and operations can be realized. The design concepts have been followed by a final design and there does not appear to be a need for any operational restrictions within the design range of operation. Because of the reduced weight and size inherent with planetary design, as well as flexibility attendent with modular construction, subject systems can be readily adapted to a wide range of installations at substantial cost savings.
- Volume 1--System "C" Design; Volume 2--System "E" Design; Volume 3--Design Layouts and Manufacturing Drawings; Volume 4--Installation and Trade-Off Studies. These documents are available for review at Maritime Administration, Office of Maritime Technology, Department of Commerce, Washington, D.C. 20035.
Curtiss-Wright CorporationWood-Ridge, NJ United States 07075
- Motzer, J W
- DeFeo, A
- Kulina, M
- Johnson, W F
- Publication Date: 1972-11-15
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Clutches; Electric power plants; Reduction gears; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027336
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: CW-WR-72-015
- Contract Numbers: MARAD 1-35536
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM