TRIM AND STABILITY GUIDE FOR CONTAINER AND BARGE CARRYING SHIPS
This "Guide" has been prepared for the Merchant Marine Deck Officer serving on container and barge carrying ships. In order to maintain the level of competence demanded by these complex and sophisticated ships a high degree of technical knowledge will be mandatory. Among these technical requirements the capability of maintaining ships' stability is of major importance. In preparing this guide, the author has undertaken the task of putting into seafarers' language the proper use of the ships' Trim and Stability Book and the function and methods used in computing trim and stability, longitudinal strength forces generated by rolling and pitching, and use of anti-roll tanks. The Guide is not intended to replace the ships' Trim and Stability Book but is designed as a training aid for the Merchant Marine Deck Officer.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Walsh, W M
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Pilotage; Ship crews; Ship motion; Stability (Mechanics); Stability analysis; Suspension systems; Training; Training devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Antirolling systems; Crew training (Deck); Licensed personnel training; Ship stability; Training courses (Stability/trim)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027335
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM