PRESENTATION FOR THE INDUSTRIAL GAS TURBINE MARKET PLANNING AND FORECASTING SYMPOSIUM, HOUSTON, TEXAS
Discusses opportunities and problems which may be expected in the use of gas turbines for merchant ship propulsion. World trade economic forecasts are addressed in terms of the most likely types of ships to be built, and investigations of suitable power plants for these vessels are reported on. Gas turbines are compared with other types of ship propulsion.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Speicher, P E
- Publication Date: 1970-10-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economics; Electric power plants; Gas turbines; Performance; Propulsion
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant costs; Power plant economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027308
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 23 1973 12:00AM