ROTARY REGENERATIVE AIR PREHEATERS FOR MARINE BOILERS
Regenerative air preheaters possess unique characteristics which contribute to the reduction of funnel stack losses whilst permitting continuous operation over long periods. The paper includes the experience to date, a technical description, the financial savings based on an 11 per cent saving in fuel, the design developments; and concludes by describing some of the other applications which range from the largest power station boiler to chemical plants and furnaces.
- Paper presented at International Marine Exhibition (IME), London, April 27-30, 1976.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Wiggins, D S
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- TRT Terms: Air preheaters; Combustion; Stack gases
- Old TRIS Terms: Combustion control; Stack gas emissions
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00131115
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM