NS SAVANNAH HEALTH PHYSICS MANUAL, VOLUMES 1 AND 2
Two volumes, dealing with standards and procedures, of the N.S. Savannah health physics manual are presented. The first volume covers standards, policies and instructions which apply to the radiation protection program, including sections on: maximum permissible exposures and concentrations, control areas, personnel monitoring, radiation work permits, surveys, contamination control and decontamination, respiratory equipment and protective clothing, equipment calibration, waste management, fixed radiation monitoring system, source storage and handling, shipments and receipts, records, logs and reports, and training programs. Volume II provides the operational procedures to be carried out by health physics personnel aboard the ship. They deal with: health physics watch standing, surveys, radioactive waste disposal, shipment and receipt of radioactive materials, personnel monitoring and decontamination, protective clothing and equipment, counting equipment and operations, instrument calibration, access control, radiation monitoring system, radioactive sources, radiography, records and reports, emergency procedures, special entry procedures, primary system radiochemistry, and miscellaneous procedures.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number FAST-3.
First Atomic Ship Transport, Incorporated39 Broadway
New York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1969-9-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- Volume: 1&2
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Occupational safety; Radiation doses; Training devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew safety; Radiological safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00027200
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAST-3
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM