ADVANCED STEAM CYCLES FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY
Reviews the development in steam turbine cycles as well as pointing out their importance in nuclear and combined cycle power plants. Fuel rates of 245 kg/MWh may become common and it should be possible to approach the 230 kg/MWh level. High efficiency steam cycles will continue to maintain and even increase the competitiveness of marine steam plants in an era of increasing fuel prices.
- Paper presented at International Marine Exhibition (IME), London, April 27-30, 1976.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Larsen, G A
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- TRT Terms: Fuel consumption; Gas turbines; Steam power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Steam plant efficiency
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131103
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM