FUTURE FUEL SUPPLIES - THE NAVAL PROBLEM
A brief review of the world oil supply position to 2020 AD, as seen by the UK Ministry of Defence and the problems caused by the instability of supplies and their greatly enhanced cost. Alternative fuels and future machinery developments are discussed. The paper concludes with views on the sources of energy and types of propulsion plant which may be used by the Royal Navy over the next 45 years.
- Paper presented at International Marine Exhibition (IME), London, April 27-30, 1976.
Institute of Marine EngineersMemorial Building, 76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JN, England
- Burgess, J
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- TRT Terms: Energy conservation; Fleet management; Fuels; Supply
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuel availability
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00131102
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM