DEVELOPMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM
In an effort to provide a data bank of environmental information - including laws, regulations, impact forecast systems and an information storage, retrieval and display system that would provide selected information in planning, designing, constructing and operating army facilities, two computer-aided systems were developed. The Computerized Environmental Legislative Data System (CELDS) catalogues abstracts of environmental laws and statutes by geographic scope and keywork designation. CELDS includes quantifiable standards and permit requirements of all active laws or regulations related to the Army. The Economic Impact Forecast System (EIFS) uses census bureau information on over 360 countries to calculate environmental impacts for construction on 64 Army installations. Details are given of both systems.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Webster, R D
- Welsh, R L
- JAIN, R K
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Appendices; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Census; Construction; Definitions; Design; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Impact studies; Information processing; Information systems; Laws; Licenses; Operations; Planning; Standards
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Data and Information Technology; Design; Environment; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00097160
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-IR-E-52 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM