TRANSPORT IN THE 1980-1990 DECADE, VOLUME 1: INTRODUCTORY REPORTS, VOLUME 2: SUMMARY OF THE DISCUSSION
Following a review of current transportation problems, showing the need for change, consideration is given to six timely topics dealing with the reorganization of public transportation and the introduction of new forms of transportation. These topics include the impact of changes in society on the demand for passenger and freight transportation; the impact of innovation on the supply of passenger transport by both conventional and new techniques; the impact of innovation on the supply of freight transport; changes in the planning organization, and finance of transport for the 1980's; and the impact of transport on the quality of life. In a separate volume a summary of the discussion at the Sympositum is provided.
- Fifth International Symposium on Theory and Practice in Transportation Economics, Athens, Greece, October 22-25, 1973.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1974
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Intelligent transportation systems; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Socioeconomic factors; Traffic forecasting; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00129120
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM