SHIP BEHAVIOR IN CONFINED WATERS
The main objectives of the conference were to bring together representatives of research organizations, shipping interests and the port industry to present the conclusions of recent research into the behavior of ships in confined waters. A forum was thus provided for the exchange of views between those engaged in research and those expected to apply the research results to the practicalities of port and shipping operations. Papers, together with their discussion, correspondence and authors reply, include such topics as squat, maneuvring devices, measurement of swept tracks, simulator developments and the application of ship behavior research in port approach design.
- Proceedings of a conference jointly sponsored by the Chamber of Shipping of the United Kingdom, the National Physical Laboratory and the National Ports Council.
National Ports CouncilCommonwealth House, 1-19 New Oxford Street
London WC1A 1DZ, England
- Publication Date: 1974
- TRT Terms: Channels (Waterways); Maneuvering; Ship motion; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Squat
- Old TRIS Terms: Narrow channel navigation; Shallow water maneuvering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128831
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Ports Council
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM