SHIPBOARD INFORMATION SYSTEM VOL. 1: PROJECT SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
This volume contains the summary and conclusions of the Shipboard Information System project, including the results of the three shipboard tests of the system. The system, which is designed for use by the U.S. merchant marine, provides information on wage costs, union contract provisions and maintenance and repair activity aboard ship. In addition, the system provides for the computer processing of shipboard payrolls. Vol. 2 contains the instructions, codes and forms for the system.
- Financial Support provided by the Department of Defense and the Department of Commerce.
National Academy of SciencesMaritime Transportation Research Board
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1968-9
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automation; Cost control; Costs; Information systems; Maintenance management; Management; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Management control systems; Shipboard information system
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027087
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: Nonr 2300(23)
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 23 1973 12:00AM