THERMOPLASTICS PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT REDUCTION IN AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS
In the automotive industry today, weight reduction on the automobile has become a critical design priority. The purpose of this paper is to describe the significance of weight reduction on the automobile, to show the properties and economies of several thermoplastic resins, and to report the fit that these properties of the engineering thermoplastics have for the current design priorities calling for weight reduction on the automobile.
- Presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 24-28 February 1975.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Windscheif, W J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Thermoplastic materials; Thermosetting resins; Vehicle design; Weight
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00097135
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750157 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM