FUNCTIONAL DERIVATION OF VEHICLE PARAMETERS FOR DYNAMIC STUDIES
The primary purpose of this study was to provide vehicle data sets characterizing the subcompact, compact, intermediate and standard size categories of passenger cars. These data sets provide for parametric studies of the vehicle-terrain-cable barrier system using the NAE-Cornell analysis. A secondary objective was to derive parametric functional relationships which could be used to calculate typical values of the required parameters. The objectives were met by a search of the published literature for vehicle parameter data. These data were then analyzed to establish parametric correlation with wheel-base length or total vehicle weight. This was done for several of the primary vehicle parameters required for parametric studies. Finally the results were used to generate data sets for the required vehicle categories.
NATIONAL AERONAUTICAL ESTABLISHMENTOTTAWA, Canada
- BASSO, G L
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Automobiles by type; Cables; Compact automobiles; Dynamic tests; Mathematical analysis; Median barriers; Terrain; Vehicle characteristics; Wheel base
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data analysis; Vehicle make
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00097127
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: LTR-ST. 747
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM