TRANSITIONAL CONTAINERSHIP CONCEPT STUDY
Environmental background and the problem of the uncertain trade routes; A proposed solution; Functional requirements; A proposed 'basic hold module' to satisfy the functional requirements; Development of three conceptual designs; Description and illustration of selected design; Pallet frame operation; Military capabilities; Comparison with other ship types; Cost estimate.
- Original document in color until exhausted, see also Basic Report PB-179421.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
- Publication Date: 1968-7-30
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Containerships; Design; Statistics; Trade; Trade routes
- Old TRIS Terms: Trade statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00027086
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: V-5316 Sum Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-4193
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM