ROADWAY MAINTENANCE EVALUATION USER'S MANUAL
The manual has been developed as a reference to be used in conjunction with a training school and a reference for personnel responsible for conducting the roadway visual survey. The visual evaluation method described in this manual consists of the utilization of two forms; one for flexible pavements and one for rigid pavements. Items recorded include location of the roadway being evaluated, an indication of the type, amount and degree of pavement distress, and an evaluation of the conditions of the shoulder, roadside and drainage features and traffic service items. Road roughness is measured by use of a Mays Meter whose output is converted to a serviceability index. Data from this evaluation can be used for maintenance management purposes.
Arlington, TX USA 76011
Washington, DC USA 20590
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX USA 78763
- Epps, J A
- Meyer, A H
- Larrimore Jr, I E
- Jones, H L
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Evaluation; Flexible pavements; Highway maintenance; Maintenance management; Manuals; Pavement distress; Pavement performance; Pavements; Rigid pavements; Road shoulders; Roadside; Roughness; Serviceability; Surface drainage; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Serviceability Index
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway drainage; Maintenance administration
- Subject Areas: Design; Education and Training; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00097121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-18-71-151-2 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM