SAFETY ANALYSIS STUDY NUCLEAR PROPULSION SYSTEM FOR LARGE HIGH SPEED MERCHANT SHIPS
The document describes the propulsion system and includes the reactor plant, propulsion and electrical plant, radioactive waste disposal and shielding, the engineered safeguards and safety analysis. Safety aspects of the plant for postulated accidents up to and including the major rupture of a reactor coolant pipe were analyzed. The major design characteristics of the plant and the results of the safety analysis are summarized.
Westinghouse Electric CorporationWestinghouse Building
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15222
- Publication Date: 1968-10
- Pagination: 233 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027084
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-4220
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM