THE ESTIMATION OF DREDGING NEED
A method for estimating the need for dredging, and its possible side effects, in little known estuaries and shallow marine areas is described. The concepts of the sedimentological model and the sediment budget are described and used to establish changes in sediment stored within an area. These values are then expressed as changes in depth and interpreted in terms of dredging need, location, amount and frequency. Methods and procedures suitable for establishing the numerical values of the parameters employed in the sediment budget equations are recommended. Data requirements, and availability, are briefly reviewed.
- Paper A-4 from BHRA Fluid Engineering Sumposium, University of Kent, Canterbury, England.
British Hydromechanics Research AssociationCranfield MK43 0AJ, Bedfordshire, England
- Patrick, C
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- TRT Terms: Dredging; Positioning; Sedimentation
- Old TRIS Terms: Dredge positioning; Silt budget
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00128416
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Hydrodynamics Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM