RAILROAD--COAL, AGGREGATE AND ORE CARS--YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW
Railroad handling of bulk materials such as coal, sand, gravel, and ore has recently been studied by engineers to maximize efficiencies offered by this mode of materials handling. The author describes details of novel rail car designs that assure longer in-service time between repairs and maximize the users' return on investment. Associated facilities that match the capabilities of such cars are described.
- Presented at the Joint Materials Handling Conference, Sheraton-Cleveland Hotel, Cleveland, Ohio, 23-25 September 1975.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers20501 Ford Road
Dearborn, MI United States 48128
- Keniston, H E
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Bulk cargo handling; Coal; Coal industry; Freight traffic; Hopper cars; Iron ores; Unit trains; Unloading facilities; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk handling; Car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00126432
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: MS75-640
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM