SPENT FUEL POOL
The Spent Fuel Pool that is located in the Nuclear Shore Facility Building was constructed to provide water shielded storage for reactor internals, control rods, spent fuel elements and other high level radioactive material during refueling operations. The pool also provides shielding during loading of spent fuel elements into the Stanray transportation cask for possible shipment to a fuel reprocessing plant. The report briefly describes the pool, some of the problems which resulted from its design and construction, and modifications necessary to solve these problems.
Todd Shipyards CorporationNuclear Division, PO Box 1600
Galveston, TX United States 77550
- Publication Date: 1967
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel processing; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Refueling; Spent reactor fuels
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear fuel processing
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027047
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-2206
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM