COLLATION OF POWER PLANT STUDIES
The report is a summary of five major studies that deal with the design of economical integrated power plants for the propulsion of future American merchant ships. Brief descriptions are given of two steam plants, two gas-turbine plants, and one diesel plant, and of their respective auxiliary systems. Economic factors pertaining to these power plants are compared on a common basis with respect to estimated initial costs and operating costs. The results indicate that a proposed diesel plant has an economic advantage over the other proposed systems.
IIT Research Institute10 West 35th Street
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Goldsmith, A
- Publication Date: 1967-2-15
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Economic efficiency; Economics; Electric power plants; Gas turbines; Nuclear power; Propulsion; Steam power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel propulsion; Power plant efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027046
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-3974
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM