"A GUIDE TO THE SELECTION OF HIGH-STRENGTH ANCHOR BOLT MATERIALS"
An evaluation of the suitability of various high-strength materials for anchor bolt applications was made. A selected group of materials meeting ASTM Standard Specifications were tabulated. Based on the material properties, availability, and cost, several of the materials were determined to be most suitable for anchor bolt materials. To further assist the designer in selecting materials not covered by ASTM Standard Specifications, a brief review of AISI Grade Designations is presented and cross-referenced with the ASTM Standard Specifications.
- Report was sponsored by the Texas Highway Department and work was done in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration, Department of Transportation. Research Study Title: "Strength and Behavior of Anchor Bolts."
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Highway Research, 200 West 21st Street
Austin, TX USA 78712
- Hasselwander, G B
- Jirsa, James O
- Breen, J E
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Anchor bolts; Bolts; Materials; Specifications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Selecting
- Old TRIS Terms: High strength bolts; Materials specifications
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00096999
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Research Report 29-1Interim
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM