A SYSTEMS MODEL FOR RECREATIONAL TRAVEL IN ONTRAIO: FURTHER RESULTS
This report presents further empirical implementation and theoretical development of a modelling procedure developed in an earlier report. The primary goal of this report, and of the previous one, has been the development of a methodology which permits the predictive simulation of highway flow-patterns of recreational trips. As a side benefit, the empirical validation of the model in its various stages of development has generated new knowledge about how the recreation system of Ontario behaves, how interactions of one portion of the system with another may may be predicted, and how the concept of an 'attraction index' for recreational destinations may be formalized into a technique useful for both analysis and planning.
- Interim Report on Project W-9 carried out at the Dept. of Electrical Engr, Univ. of Waterloo, under the Ontario Joint Highway Research Program.
Ontario Ministry of Transportation & Communic, CanResearch and Development Division, 1201 Wilson Avenue
Downsview, ONo M3M 1J8, Canada
- Ellis, J B
- Publication Date: 1969
- TRT Terms: Recreational facilities; Recreational roads; Simulation; Traffic flow; Travel patterns; Trip purpose
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic patterns
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00125464
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RR148
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1975 12:00AM