THE DYNAMIC CALIBRATION OF SHIPBORNE WAVE GAGES
The calibration of a wave gage mounted aboard a ship is discussed in the context of linear systems theory and effects of wave directivity are evaluated. An experimental calibration of a wave gage looking ahead of a ship is then described and results from model tests in ahead unidirectional waves are presented. Finally, full scale trials of a sonic wave meter and a Tucker wave gage are discussed.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
- Sellars, F H
- Publication Date: 1967-7
- Pagination: 28 p.
- Accession Number: 00027033
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 67-11
- Contract Numbers: MA-2710
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM