RIDERSHIP ON NORTHWEST LINES OF THE C&NW AND THE CTA
The ridership at selected stations on the northwest lines of the CTNW and CTA were analyzed to determine the change in ridership on the CTNW since the opening of the Northwest line of the CTA in Feburary 1970. Based on ridership figures, a chart was prepared showing the total annual ridership from 1964 to 1972 for CTA and CNW stations that interacted to affect ridership. A similar chart was prepared using figures from 1970 to 1972. The tables and the graph show that since the opening of the CTA, the CTNW's total annual ridership showed a ridership decrease of 34 percent in 1972 compared to 1968. The trips used here include total one-way rides to and from the stations on both week days and weekends. Fare increases on the CTA the ridership on the Northwest Line of the CTNW.
Chicago, IL United States 60610
- Tahir, Nadia
- Publication Date: 1973-2-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Charts; Construction; Fares; Graphics; Public transit; Repairing; Ridership; Tables (Data)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Graphical analysis; Repairs
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00096918
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Series #6 Tech Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1982 12:00AM