NS SAVANNAH DESIGN CHANGE HISTORY
Summarizes the 280 changes in design of the NS Savannah's nuclear steam supply system and related equipment which were made in the seven year period subsequent to the finalization of the original ship's design but not during the design development. Major changes are itemized, identifying the reason for the change in meeting objectives. Where possible, conclusions and projections for future nuclear merchant ships are made.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number NUS-363.
NUS Corporation1730 M Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Todd Shipyards CorporationNuclear Division, PO Box 1600
Galveston, TX United States 77550
- Publication Date: 1967-4-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 500 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; Naval architecture; Nuclear powered ships; State of the art; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027024
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NUS-363
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1974 12:00AM