URBAN TRAFFIC MODELS, VOLUME 1
Ten papers are presented which cover aspects such as the policy modelling interface, design in urban simulation, land use, prediction of planning parameters, parallel rail services and future development in this field of transportation studies. The problems of daily travel are covered in the paper on "The Future of Transportation Studies". Changes of emphasis in policy, the implications for modelling and the impact of methodology are examined in "The Policy-Modelling Interface." The paper on the Polis Simulation Model describes a computer planning instrument which combines dynamic simulation of spatial urban development, advanced transportation modelling techniques, and multiattributed evaluation methodology. A unified approach to a class of iterative equilibrium methods based on the general approach of feasible-direction methods in non-linear programming is presented and incremental methods of the assignments problem are discussed in another paper. "Land Use and Transport Interaction" examines patterns of the trip length distributions by mode analyzed by distance of one end of the trip from the cornubation center. The structure of a city of a macro or cornubation level is considered in the paper. "Urban Land Use and the Derived Demand for Transportation". Another paper describes the matching of input requirements of a transportation model in terms of the land use data predictions (in terms of population and employment). Other papers included here are: "Some Considerations Concerning Technological and Economic Capabilities of New Urban Transportation Systems and their Influence on City Structure;" "Methods of Relating the Provision of Public Transport to the Planning of Land Use Development;" and "Reduced of Road-Traffic Volumes by Parallel Rail Services."
- Proceedings on the Seminar on Urban Traffic Models held during the PTRC Summer Annual Meeting, 8-12 July 1974, at the University of Warwick.
Planning and Transport Res and Computation Co Ltd167 Oxford Street
London W1R 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 243 p.
- TRT Terms: Equilibrium (Mechanics); Evaluation; Forecasting; Land use; Mathematical models; Nonlinear programming; Policy; Railroad transportation; Traffic; Transportation; Transportation planning; Trip length; Urban areas; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00096891
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTRC/P/101
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 10 1981 12:00AM