REQUEST FOR LICENSE TO STORE CORE 2 SPARE FUEL ELEMENTS
This document provides the basis for a request by Todd Nuclear Division to store four irradiated spare fuel elements for the N.S. Savannah in a prepared location in the Nuclear Facilities area of Todd's Galveston, Texas Shipyard. The fuel elements were to be shipped from existing storage with the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission and stored until needed for refueling, which at that time was scheduled for August, 1968. Special features of the storage area are described as criticality safeguards, radiation monitoring, controlled and monitored effluents, administrative controls and procedures, and security measures.
Todd Shipyards CorporationNuclear Division, PO Box 1600
Galveston, TX United States 77550
- Publication Date: 1966
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel elements; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor fuel elements
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026999
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Todd N-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 1 1973 12:00AM