MERCHANT SHIP AUTOMATION PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
An adequate ship automation system requires an understanding of why certain controls are necessary. Certain controls or systems protect the safety of the ship and public. Others protect the owners investment. This paper attempts to sort out the theory and reasons for each.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number VM518.S4 1966.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Seelinger, J H
- Bullock, W
- Publication Date: 1966-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Combustion; Electric power plants; Engine rooms
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Automatic power plants; Combustion control; Unmanned engine rooms
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026998
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM