SWEDISH EXPERIMENTAL SAFETY VEHICLE PROGRAM. STEERABILITY DURING EMERGENCY BRAKING. SIMULATION. MATHEMATICAL MODEL.
The objectives of the simulations are to complement the field tests and to perform a systematic investigation of the influence of typical anti-locking devices. A mathematical model was therefore built up. The following principal parts and phenomena are included in the model: sprung mass, suspension links, wheel movements, steering gear, tyre forces and anti-lock systems. The model is very flexible. Various vehicles with various anti-lock system configurations can easily be simulated during various normal or severe steering and braking manoeuvres with various tyre-road conditions. A hybrid computer seems to be the best tool for this simulation task. /TRRL/
Saab-Scania, ApbrsTrollhaettan, Sweden
AB Volvo, PV 3BGoeteborg, Sweden
- Brodd, S
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 57 p.
- Issue Number: 5-01
- TRT Terms: Antilock brake systems; Braking; Computer programs; Computers; Driving; Emergencies; Field tests; Handling characteristics; Hybrid simulation; Mathematical models; Simulation; Steering; Steering gears; Suspensions; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hybrids
- Old TRIS Terms: Contact
- ITRD Terms: 1461: Anti locking device; 1874: Braking; 5440: Contact (tyre road); 2184: Emergency; 6473: Mathematical model; 9103: Simulation; 8645: Software; 1834: Steering (process); 1646: Vehicle handling
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00096805
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Swedish National Road and Traffic Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM