SOME AIR CUSHION TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH IN CANADA
The paper discusses low temperature operation-the icing of vehicles and of TACV guideways; use of ACV's as icebreakers; field trails of hoverbarges; and Project CASPAR-a mobile laboratory vehicle to study performance and interaction.
- Published in the Quarterly Bulletin of the Div. of Mechanical Engineering & the Nat. Aeronautical Establishment.
National Research Council of CanadaDivision of Mechanical Engineering, Montreal Road
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0R6, Canada
- Fowler, H S
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: p. 21-31
- TRT Terms: Freezing; Ice; Low temperature; Snow; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Air cushion vehicle track
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00125860
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM