THE ECONOMICS AND INFLUENCES OF NUCLEAR REFUELING IN MARITIME APPLICATIONS
The report provides a detailed projection of the costs and ship outage times which will be borne by nuclear ship operators for refueling-that is replacing the spent nuclear fuel in proposed maritime reactors with fresh fuel. Refueling costs include the prorated cost of special facilities, labor, other miscellaneous direct costs, and indirect charges associated with ship outage time. It is shown that the influence of refueling upon nuclear ship economics is highly dependent upon power level, reactor design, and the indirect charges associated with ship's outage.
NUS CorporationWashington, DC USA
- Pletke, L R
- Sullivan, R L
- Publication Date: 1966-10
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Equipment maintenance; Fuel processing; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Refueling
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear fuel processing; Nuclear reactor maintenance
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026994
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NUS-295a Sum Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM