NS SAVANNAH--5000 EFPH PHYSICS TESTS
The nuclear characteristics of the N.S. Savannah's Core 1, presented herein, were measured at the burnup level of 4246 effective full-power hours(EFPH). These measurements fulfill the safeguard requirement of the scheduled physics test period at 5000 EFPH. No adverse trend or anomalous reactivity effect has developed since Core 1 was installed in December 1961.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1303.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA United States
- Paulson, A E
- Publication Date: 1966-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026985
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1303
- Contract Numbers: MA-2206
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM