FIRST NATIONAL FORUM ON TRAFFIC RECORDS SYSTEMS
Papers and forum discussions are presented in areas pertaining to the administration and management of traffic records systems, data analysis reports, uses and users of traffic records systems, intergovernmental and interstate data exchange, and special reports of traffic records committees and National organizations. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's activities in this sphere include the development of the Design Manual for State Traffic Systems, a modular briefing, on the Design Manual, 3-part Basic Course in Traffic Records, and the demonstration of the feasibility of transferring a record system from one state to another. The Historical Accident Information System developed in Memphis (accident reports from law enforcement agencies are punched into cards and a series of reports are produced on a computer) is described. The research uses of accident data are explored, and the processing of insurance data associated with highway crashes in detailed. A system approach to highway safety management is also described.
- Conference held in New Orleans, Louisiana, November 12-14, 1974.
National Safety Council425 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL USA 60611
- Publication Date: 1974-11-14
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 161 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Computers; Crash reports; Data analysis; Design methods; Feasibility analysis; Highway safety; Information dissemination; Insurance; Intergovernmental relations; Mathematical analysis; Records management; Systems engineering; Traffic engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic records
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: User characteristics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00131586
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM