VARIABLE CYCLE SIGNAL TIMING PROGRAM. VOL 1: DEVELOPMENT OF THIRD-GENERATION CONTROL POLICIES FOR THE UTCS
The objective of this effort was to develop advanced, "Third-Generation" Traffic Control Policies as part of the UTCS Project sponsored by FHWA. These policies are designed to be implemented on a system of urban streets by a digital computer, in real-time. To be responsive to short-term variations in traffic demand, these policies are designed to provide a continually changing pattern of traffic signal timings, unrestricted by the condition that all signals operate on a common background cycle. Separate policies are developed for each flow regime--light, moderate, and congested--and an adaptive predictor model is also presented. Detailed software documentation is provided for those policies recommended for implementation on the UTCS in Washington, D.C. Volume 1 presents an overview of the project effort including its background, objectives, underlying concepts, potential advantages and research approach. /NTIS/
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/FCP32B2283
- A set of 4 volumes priced at $22.00 are available through NTIS.
KLD Associates, Incorporated47 Mall Drive, Suite 8
Commack, NY USA 11725-5717
- Lieberman, E B
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Traffic control; Traffic flow theory; Traffic signal cycle; Traffic signal timing; Traffic simulation; Traffic surveillance; Urban areas; Variables
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00096702
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- ISBN: FCP 32B2 283
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-74-Vol-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7924
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM