EVALUATION AND CRITIQUE. RADAR DATA COMPUTER INSTALLED ON USCGS UNIMAK AND SS CONSTITUTION
The scope of the project had the following goals: (1) Develop a system of taking radar target data into a computer to display to a ship's officer the danger of possible collision with up to ten target ships in the vicinity. (2) Use the computer to display bearing, range, speed, closest point of approach, and time of approach of any of the ten targets. (3) Use the computer display to show projected course of target vessels for 30 minutes of advance. (4) Use the computer to show to safe course and speed maneuver to avoid possible collision. (5) Allow target acquisition to be either manual or automatic. (6) The prototype radar data computer is to be tested and evaluated at sea.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Kurz, C G
- Publication Date: 1966-8
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigation radar; Pilotage; Radar; Radar displays; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Radar plotting; Radar simulators
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00026968
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM