MAINTENANCE OF THE RAILWAY SIGNALLING SYSTEM ON LONDON TRANSPORT
The author introduces his paper as complementary to his earlier paper 'Fail Safe' presented in the 1966/67 session and considers the Maintenance Engineer's approach to the problems. He reviews the limitations preventing perfect maintenance and shows how statistics and failure analysis can be used to identify and reduce maintenance diffculties. The pattern of maintenance adopted by London Transport is described together with the measures employed for routine overhaul of equipment.
Institution of Railway Signal EngineersLondon, England
- Hadaway, H W
- Publication Date: 1976-2-4
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment maintenance; Maintenance; Signal devices; Signaling
- Identifier Terms: London Transport
- Old TRIS Terms: Signaling maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM