TEST TRAIN PROGRAM. SEVENTH PROGRESS REPORT
This report describes the progress of the Rail Engineering and Test Support Program during the period July 1, 1974 to June 30, 1975. Primary emphasis of the program was placed on the establishment of a viable operational track measurement capability. This emphasis resulted from efforts to meet the requirements of the National Track Inspection Program under implementation by the FRA's Office of Safety. Also covered in this report are special tests performed by the FRA test cars; operational improvements to the test car track measurement instrumentation; improvements in data-processing techniques that permit an analysis of track conditions in a more timely and more efficient manner; and highlights of other efforts performed under the Rail Engineering and Test Support Program.
Ensco, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA USA 22151
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Gunn, W
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Inspection; Instrumentation; Maintenance of way; Railroad tracks; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Track inspection
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131530
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D-76-140 Prog. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-54174
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1977 12:00AM