DRAG AND TURBULENT BOUNDARY LAYER OF FLAT PLATES AT LOW REYNOLDS NUMBERS
A new formula is derived for flat plates which gives higher values of drag at low Reynolds numbers than does the Schoenherr formula. This is due to anomalous effects at low Reynolds numbers which are accounted for by adding viscosity to the outer law in the velocity similarity law analysis. (Author)
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD United States 20084
- Granville, P S
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary layer; Drag; Measurement; Skin resistance; Turbulence; Turbulent boundary layer
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag measurement
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00131520
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DTNSRDC-4682 R&D Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM