PD 133 AUSTERE COMMERCIAL CARGO SHIP
Plans and specifications are presented for a general purpose cargo liner which can be built in quantities of 25 or more to alleviate shipping shortages in minor emergencies or to replenish the reserve fleet which now consists of ships nearing the end of their usefulness. The PD-133 is a six hold conventional general cargo liner with propulsion machinery and accommodations located aft. The ship is arranged with twin hatches suitably sized to accommodate standard containers and fitted with boom/winch gear of ample capacity. Propulsion is single screw, steam turbine of simplified design. Specifications reflect a minimum cost ship, meeting minimum regulatory rules, minimum Maritime Administration requirements, adequate but not plush habitability based upon a 25 year life ship with capacity of going into ocean service immediately without alterations.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number DOC-1.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1966-12
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Naval architecture; Series production; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026962
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM