WEATHER RESISTANT SEGMENTED FAIRING FOR A TOW CABLE
The patent relates to a weather- and ozone-resistant elastomeric fairing for a tow cable comprising a plurality of sections using butyl synthetic rubber (Butyl-035) as the base polymer. Each section of the fairing is independently suspended and attached to the tow cable by fairing support rings and yokes by means of clips. The material for the fairing sections is fabricated with Butyl-035 as a base polymer and using different amounts of Elastopar, SAF black, zinc oxide, stearic acid, dioctyl sebcate, sulfur, methyl tuads, and captax to give the fairing sections weather resistant properties.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing. Patent 17 Dec 73.
Department of the NavyConstitution Avenue and 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA
- Chatten, C K
- Eller, S A
- Folb, R
- Brisbane, A P
- Publication Date: 1975-8-19
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Fairings; Towing devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Cable fairings; Faired cables; Towing cables
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00131515
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AD-D001 589/1 Patent, PAT-APPL-425 434
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM