DOT TEST TRAIN PROGRAM SYSTEM INSTRUMENTATION MANUAL - FIFTH EDITION
This manual describes track measurement instrumentation which has been developed during the reporting period, and covers all instrumentation currently installed aboard the FRA Test Cars. The major emphasis of this report deals with the operation and calibration of the Track Geometry Measurement System installed aboard Test Car T-3. Ancillary systems, and equipment aboard Test Cars T-1, T-2 and T-4 is also summarized. The information herein is intended for use by technical personnel who are involved in the operation of FRA Test Car instrumentation, and by engineering and research personnel involved in the application of track geometry measurement techniques.
- This was sponsored by Federal Railroad Administration, US DOT.
Ensco, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA USA 22151
- Anderson, L
- Macintyre, S
- Kolcyzynski, N
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Inspection cars; Instrumentation; Quality control; Railroad tracks; Structural design; Test vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Test cars; Track quality
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00096657
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D-7504 Ann. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20032
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 24 1977 12:00AM