REPORT ON TRANSPORT DEMAND FORECASTING PROGRAM: PHASE ONE
This cooperative program of the Canadian Transport Commission and the Ministry of Transport is developing a large-scale econometric model to be a basic tool for forecasting. In the transport field, where relatively little work of this type has been done, effort had to go beyond applications of known techniques. Already further refinements and improvements are anticipated for Phase Two. The state-of-the-art in econometric models for forecasting transport demands is reviewed. Then The Transport Demand Model, Stage I, was developed to have flexibility for appraising alternative policy mechanisms. The report considers 13 commodity groups, calculating transport demand and accomodating a group of independent variables. Appendices and data base are in a separate volume which has restricted information and is available only on special request.
- A joint CTC-MOT project.
Canadian Transport CommissionSystems Analysis Branch, 275 Slater Street
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 300 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Demand; Econometric models; Freight transportation; Mathematical models; Statistics; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00096656
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Transport Commission
- Report/Paper Numbers: Working Paper 6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM