PREDICTED OIL SLICK MOVEMENT FROM VARIOUS LOCATIONS OFF THE NEW JERSEY-DELAWARE COASTLINE
Projections of the movement of oil slicks and their impact location along the shoreline of New Jersey and Delaware were determined from three potential deepwater port sites and three potential oil drilling sites. Average monthly wind speeds and directions and average monthly current patterns were used for predicting the oil slick movement. Probable areas of impact along the shoreline were indicated. (Author)
- Report available in microfiche copies only.
United States Coast GuardResearch and Development Center, 1082 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT USA 06340-6096
- Lissauer, I M
- Bacon, J C
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Oil spills; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill behavior; Oil spreading dynamics
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00131513
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CGR/DC-13/75 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM