SHIP DENSITY ESTIMATES FOR TRAFFIC ALONG SELECTED ROUTES IN THE YEAR 1990.
This paper presents shipping densities along three routes in support of the nuclear shipping safety study. The densities are for the year 1990 and are given by route for several cases. This report considers three types of ships, predicts their respective growth patterns and then combines them to produce overall densities of ships at sea along the routes of interest. The most probable estimates are broken down into densities for 5 degrees x 5 degrees squares along the routes. The total number of ships at sea (a statistic quite different from the total number of ships in use) is also given. Finally, the effects of various global factors upon the future shipping fields is examined.
- Prepared for George G. Sharp, Incorporated and the Maritime Administration.
Planning Systems Incorporated7900 Westpark Drive, Suite 507
McLean, VA USA 22101
- Publication Date: 1975-12-15
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Statistics; Studies; Trade routes; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Trade route studies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00131507
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Planning Systems Incorporated
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR035026
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM