TRENDS IN MERCHANT SHIPPING (1969-1980)
Trends in the nature of and numbers of commercial ships are summarized for the period 1969-1974 and projections are made to the 1980 time frame. Merchant ships are divided into four types: tankers, bulk carriers, slow cargo, and fast merchants. Trends are given for a number of size categories for each type. Distinctions are also drawn by type of propulsion plant; steam turbine, slow-speed diesel, medium-speed diesel, turbo-electric and reciprocating. Estimates for fishing vessels and off-shore oil drilling vessels are also included.
- Report was sponsored by Naval Undersea Center.
Tetra Tech, Incorporated3559 Kenyon Street
San Diego, CA USA 92110
- Ross, D
- Publication Date: 1975-4-15
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Economic forecasting; Shipping; Statistics; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipping forecasts; Shipping statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00131506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Tetra Tech, Incorporated
- Report/Paper Numbers: TT-SD 449-75-1
- Contract Numbers: N00123-75-C-0408
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM