TYNE AND WEAR - ROADS FOR THE FUTURE
This pamphlet gives a general description of the region centered on the rivers Tyne and Wear. It examines the level of urban motorway construction, noting the change in approach of local and central government. It is suggested that road building is important for reducing city centre congestion and improving employment opportunities by encouraging industrial development. With this in mind the authors propose a number of roads which need improving and some new links which need constructing. These routes are described in detail. The conclusions argue that too little is being spent on road building and cite the overall expenditure on public transport and highways for the coming year. A further note is added on the function and form of transport policies and programmes. ;TRRL;
Tyne and Wear Road Users GroupNewcastle-upon-Tyne, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Economics; Federal government; Financing; Freeways; Highways; Improvements; Industries; Local government; Local government agencies; Public transit; Road construction; Routes; Traffic congestion; Urban areas; Urban highways
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 9013: Development; 255: Economics; 244: Financing; 183: Government (national); 2755: Highway; 9108: Improvement; 332: Industry; 192: Local authority; 2752: Motorway; 744: Public transport; 3665: Road construction; 8119: United kingdom; 313: Urban area
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00131494
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rept.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM