NS SAVANNAH HIGH-TEMPERATURE SAFETY SYSTEM INSTRUMENT MANUAL AND SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
The Babcock & Wilcox hightemperature safety system for the N.S. Savannah reactor monitors and indicates temperature conditions at four locations in the primary loop of the reactor. It reacts to excessive temperatures, which lead to reactor scram, and causes the reactor to shut down before damage occurs. The system and its individual components are described in this manual. The functons of the various components and circuits in system operation are detailed, along with maintenance and adjustment instructions required for normal operation. Layout diagrams for the various modules land manufacturer's data sheets for those units fabricated by B&W) are included in the appendix at the back of the manual.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1300, Ca-7.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Lloyd Jr, A B
- Publication Date: 1965-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Instrumentation; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor control systems; Nuclear reactor instrumentation; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026904
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1300, Ca-7 Instr Man
- Contract Numbers: MA-3760
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM