RESEARCH STUDY FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF MARINE MOORING SYSTEMS. PHASE 1. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
The study is concerned with shipboard mooring and ancillary equipment requirements for connecting and restraining ships during the in-port period and of evaluating the equipment and systems which are presently available, or have been studied for the various tasks. Areas of study include in order of importance: docking, anchoring, mooring and gangway handling.
Harris (Frederic R) IncorporatedStamford, CT USA
- Publication Date: 1965-6-15
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Anchor windlasses; Anchors (Mooring devices); Decks (Ships); Machinery; Mooring; Mooring buoys; Mooring cables
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deck machinery
- Old TRIS Terms: Anchor lines; Anchor machinery; Moored vessels; Windlasses
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026900
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-3664
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 2 1973 12:00AM