THE INTERSTATE RAIL SYSTEM
This paper proposes the development of an Interstate Rail System, similar in scope and function to the Interstate Highway System, consisting of selected segments of the existing railroad network. The paper describes the concept of the proposal and the problems that it is designed to solve. Possible methods of implementation of the proposal are described. The paper includes a methodology for the selection of Interstate Rail System routes and an example system consisting of 39,331 route miles.
University of Texas, AustinBureau of Business Research, P.O. Box 7459
Austin, TX United States 78712
- Zlatkovich, C P
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Interstate transportation; Railroad transportation; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Interstate rail system
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00096563
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Texas, Austin
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM